Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dang Drifters

I always think to myself were I would be now if it wasn't for meeting Russell Barcomb, owner of Dang Drifters in Pembroke, New Hampshire. He has supported not only me but my family in this drift community. If my parents couldn't get me to an event, Russell would go out of his way to get me there. When I first started I didn't really know to many people to go to for advice. so Id go to Russ without a hesitation and he was totally cool about it because I listen to him. I wouldn't take his word then go question other people about it. Simply didn't care to because I trusted him. Now of course at times I was stubborn and still am to this day, so when I didn't listen, it wasn't a good outcome haha. Russell would then, in a good way, laugh at me and call me a chump for not listening to him because he's been doing this for years.


My very first drift event, Russell giving me some advice
"You don't need any advice, give it a few laps and you'll be killing it kid" (Russell)




Russell and I have built up a pretty strong relationship over the years. He has taken me to many drift events, countless pointers, which mainly were telling me to stop pussy footing in and just hammer down. After a short 2010 season of the KA motor. I instantly threw in the SR and changed up the suspension. I wanted to progress, progress fast which Russell wanted me to do also. First drift event of 2011, first time driving a road course, first time driving a turbo'd car and initiating at 70mph top of 3rd. All taken place at the private track of Monticello, New York. I was nervous as all hell. No alignment was done yet which made me realize how important a alignment is at high speeds. The whole time the car was all over the place. I was fighting the car to stay on line and be consistent. Also having a welded diff wasn't the smartest idea for that course. I learned what true driving was at that cousse. All thanks to Russell for helping me get my car done in time, Tuerck's towing my car to the event and getting the chance to meet a bunch of new friends.

Few pics of a little demo we had prior to Monticello







Monticello, New York


Either Justin or Evan was driving and pretty sure they were going 185mph haha





East Coast Bash 2011

"Casey this thing has no oil or coolant, This thing is going to die"





"Shawn you really trying to ride in front of the pepi right now"


"Casey move your own fucking chair next time"


"Take your front bumper off first you shit head"


"Yo just use baby wipes"


(Russ thinking to himself)
"God my ball bag is so wet, i wonder were the baby wipes at"


Annndddd it did die on the way home lol





I can comfortably say my car was built by Dang Drifters. Every suspension spec, wheel setup, tire spec, engine setup, etc etc etc. Labor wise, he would make me do some of the work so i have some knowledge about my machine. I left the fabrication of parts to him. he wouldn't just weld it up then put on my car. Russell guided me every step of the way. Id simply shut, watched and listen. With all the labor, equipment used up and metal. Payments were dealt with straight up, or parts traded equal to value. Few free items were given but was never abused. Now its my time to return the favor to Russell. With him expanding and trying to get Dang Drifters name out to the world. It won't be an easy task for just himself. So this is were i jump in

























No comments:

Post a Comment